300 Diamond Street
"SUMMER FUN" YOUTH PROGRAM
The purpose of "Summer Fun" is to offer an alternative to parents who must be away from the home part of the day and to provide the youth with fun and excitement during the summer months while in our care.
"Summer Fun" is open to rising 1st graders and children up to 12 years old. Enrollment is limited and is available on a first-come, first serve basis. Children residing in the City of Lexington will be given first priority. Children living in County, but attending Lexington City Schools, will be given second priority over Rockbridge County residents.
Arts and crafts, drama/dance, weekly trips to the city pool, weekly field trips, recreational activities, guest speakers, group activities, free time for individual activities.
Days/Hours of Operation for "Summer Fun"
"Summer Fun" will begin on Monday, June 18, and run Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There will be no "Summer Fun" on the 4th of July. "Summer Fun" will end at noon, Friday, August 10.
Fees and Payment Policy for "Summer Fun"
The registration fee for "Summer Fun" is $150 for the first child in a family and $140 for every other child in the family. Prices may increase if upcoming budget is approved as presented. For non-City residents, the fee is 150% of the registration fee. Registration fees are due on or before child's first day of attendance.
The following are required for your child to participate:
- copy of child's immunization record
- copy of child's physical exam record
- proof of child's identity/age
- summer registration forms
How Do I Register My Child?
A registration packet is available at the Office on Youth, which is located downstairs of the Lexington City School Board office (300 Diamond Street), or send an e-mail to email@example.com. For more information call (540) 463-4315 or stop by the office. No registrations will be taken over the phone.
- To design a safe, supervised, nurturing environment for school-aged children during the summer months.
- To assist children in practicing the skills of interpersonal relationships.
- To provide activities designed to encourage the full potential development of each individual enrolled in the program.
- To plan a wide range of interesting and challenging activities in a logical and sequential manner.
- To emphasize personal planning, organizational skills, self-discipline, and self-regulation.
- To encourage individual decision-making in creative use of leisure.
- To promote friendship and group cohesiveness and especially the strengthening of friendship bonds.
- To provide opportunities for physical skill development.